Sunday, January 25, 2015

IKEA Lego Table Fun!

Hey folks!

So, my family frequents our local Barnes & Noble often, and one of our favorite pastimes is none other than the (drumroll, please…..) LEGO TABLE! Woot! I know what you’re thinking… We are truly a family of party animals over here. :) 

Nugget and Daddy
During one particular trip, a light bulb instantaneously went off in our brains- we NEEDED a Lego table! I went home that day and did what any woman would do. I turned to Pinterest (queue angelic voices and light from heaven), and I found a plethora of choices.  In no time, I made my way to IKEA, found a LACK table, and then spent twenty gut-wrenching minutes pouring over hardware choices… I almost felt my inner shopping goddess throw her hands up in complete defeat. To add to my distress, the dollar signs kept wracking up in my brain.

To save you from potential heartbreak at your favorite IKEA location, here is exactly what you need and how much it will cost you.

Lego Table and a Nugget


Lego Table
Bygel Containers: $0.99 x 4                                    = $3.96
Bygel Rail: $2.99                                                        = $2.99
Lack Side Table: $7.99 (IKEA Family Price**)   = $7.99 ($9.99 w/o IKEA family)
TOTAL                                                                          = $14.94
**You can sign up for IKEA family and receive info on special sales and discounts! Visit the link here!

As far as Legos go, we went with Duplo’s because anything smaller would still be a choking hazard for our Nugget.  If you decide to go that route, the building plate only comes in one size (15” x 15”), and you’ll only be able to fit one plate on your table.  If you have older children and need regular Legos, you can purchase the 10” X 10” plate, and four of them will fit nicely.

Toddler-friendly Lego Duplo's!

Legos (Duplo for ages 2-5)
15” x 15” green Duplo building plate                   = $11.98
65 pcs Lego Duplo Set                                            = $29.99
TOTAL                                                                       = $41.97

To attach the base plate to the table, use liquid nails.  Instructables gives more detailed instructions that you can read here

We used 3M strips because we are anticipating our Nugget growing out of Duplo’s within the next year. If you choose to go this route, be warned that it will leave a small gap between the base and the table.  If that doesn’t bother you, then rock on.

I couldn't keep her away from it long enough to take a picture of just the table. :)

Well, that’s all I’ve got for now! Happy crafting! I can’t wait to see your Lego table creations! Follow me on instagram (@lovefaithandcrafts) and upload a photo of your Lego goodness with #lovefaithandcrafts.

I’ll be seeing y’all soon! Until then, take care!

Sincerely,
Heather

5 comments:

  1. That's awesome! Definitely need to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank y'all! It was fun to put together, and such an easy project to do! Not to mention, my Nugget absolutely loves it! :) Thank y'all again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Felt extraordinary to know web has as yet astonishing web journals like this.lego tables and chairs

    ReplyDelete